But I was pretty sure after I read this quote that Axl wasn’t the dumbest rock star out there. So I did a little research and here are some of the weirdest and stupidest quotes you’d find said by supposedly “legendry people”.
Six Months go by very quickly when you’re a genius.” Robert Plant (1974).
And when you’re dumb, too.
“I think the highest and lowest points are the important ones. Anything else is just…in between.” Jim Morrison.
That is so deep, Jim. I could see Adele rolling in it.
“Just because you like my stuff doesn’t mean I owe you anything.” Bob Dylan.
Really, Bob? You bastard!
“I’d rather be dead than singing Satisfaction when I’m 45.” Mick Jaggers. (1975)
Well, tough luck, Mick. You’re 70 something and you’re still singing it. Want proof? Watch this
“Being sober on a bus, is like totally different that being drunk on a bus.” Ozzy Osbourne.
You don’t say?
“Bands don’t do what we used to do. Bands don’t have the theatrics. We were lighting ourselves on fire. I had a chainsaw and cut a nun’s head off. You don’t see that shit at all anymore, which is kind of sad.”
Vince Neil. (2008)
I’m really sad I can’t see nun’s heads being thrown off stage. No, really. What are those people high on?
“I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay, even though I wasn’t.” Kurt Cobain.
Wait. What? Did you mistaken it for being “happy”?
“Two guys in a bathroom stall—it feels like the most important place in the whole world in that moment. I’ve actually gone into bathroom stalls with friends since I quit, just so I still have a little bit of that bonding.” Lars Ulrich.
And we need to know that because…?
“There certainly is more in the future now than back in 1964.” Roger Daltrey.
Did you also know that there is more past in 1867 than in 1964? And more present in now than in the future?
These people are killing me -_-
And I’m leaving the best quote, for the last.
“Rock is really about dick and testosterone. I go and see a band, I want to fuck the guy – that’s the way it is. It’s always been that way.” Courtney Love.
No it isn’t, Courtney. You just lowered the IQ of all readers.
Now I know why Kurt Cobain killed himself. Haha – haha. Okay, bad jokes. Sorry to Nirvana fans. Couldn’t help it.
These are some of the dumbest, weirdest quotes that I got. You guys tell us; have you found some weird quotes by awesome rock stars? Leave us your favorite quotes in the comment section below.
Written by: Nj Bakr
– The Rolling Stone interview: Axl Rose interview by Del James. (1989). Rolling Stone. Retrived from: http://rol.st/QlM9n6
– Wheeler, Steven. (1995) The Led Zeppelin Quote File. Led Zeppelin Org. Retrived from: http://bit.ly/1lhCkEQ
– Shaw, Arnold. (1969). The Rock Revolution: What’s happening to Today’s Music. Crowell- Collier Press. NYC.
– WikiQuote. Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/1gJAIMi
– As cited in Quote Investigator: Jerome, Jim (1975, June). The Jaggers. People Magazine, Vol. 3 – P.22 Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/1llxQNv
– Addiction Treatment. (2012). Lasting Freedom and Sober Living Does Not Have to Be Complicated. New Freedom from Addiction. Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/Qnivhk
– The Rolling Stone interview: Vince Neil interview by Steve Appleford. (2008). Rolling Stone. Retrieved from: http://rol.st/1eMKWjJ
– Cobain, Kurt. (2002). Journals. U.S.A.: Riverhead Books.
– Lars Ulrich Enjoys “Bonding” with “Friends” in Bathroom Stalls. (2008). Metal Injection. Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/1gVIu9v
– WikiQuote. Retrieved from: http://bit.ly/1jjsgnM
– Dumb Quotes. Retrieved from: http://www.philbrodieband.com/
– This article reflects the writer’s opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board.